WANTS LIST – Help needed to progress work on Vampire FB.9 R1382 and Vampire FB.31s A79-733 and A79-175, and DH.108 TG283 replica instrument panels.
- DH.100 (single-seat) Vampire canopy rails A001675 & A001676
- DH.100 (single-seat) Vampire inflatable canopy seal 12FC89A or A005177A
- Vampire FB.31 schedule of spare parts (IPB). I have Vocabulary of Spares, Group “A”, Sectn. 79 – AAP No.2 for the F.30 only – this is an initial issue document – no AL
- CAC Nene 2-VH engine or parts – anything considered!
- Any Vampire F.30/FB.31 parts
- Cockpit instruments
- Cabin Pressure – 6A/1749 or G6A/3666
- G-meter – G6A/3451 Eclipse Pioneer B.6; isolator mounting parts also needed
- DH.100 (single-seat) Vampire control box components – especially the undercarriage retraction lever link fitting for the push rod: part number L00809, UC Lever Boss – see below for more details
WANTED: CANOPY RAILS
A001675, 26FC/2893, Rail, Canopy, LH and A001676, 26FC/2894, Rail, Canopy, RH
Preferably NOS. Corrosion free at least! See figure below, and image above.
Engine Control Box component L00809, UC Lever Boss
The part connects the selector lever to the rod that actuates the hydraulic valve to lower/raise the undercarriage. There are 3 rods running parallel. The other two are for the flaps and the speed brake. It seems a case of abuse; too many people taking a sticky-beak in the cockpit, and standing on the rods to get in and out.
For three aircraft (R1382, A79-733 & A79-175) we have four of these parts with a broken lug! We now have a replacement part for FB.9 R1382, so two to go!
Although the control boxes for the single-seater and trainer are very different, this particular part is the same. I don’t know if the part is common to any of the Venom control boxes.
See the pictures below.